Wednesday, November 1, 2023

News v. The News (101-ish words)

    It’s “the news” when in paper format, but it’s just “news” when it’s on your phone. I hate reading news on my phone. It’s the most uninspiring way to ingest the written word. The lack of width of columns leaves you scrolling down constantly, which is such an unnatural way to read. Or maybe this generation will find the “scroll read” the more natural way of reading. Huh!

    And then there's the physical, visceral connection between you and the written word. Studies have shown that the tangible connection leaves a stronger imprint in your neural networks. Take that digital!

    When a singular device is the conveyor of good news, bad news, connects your entire world of people, documents your years past ... it becomes a complicated relationship. 

(126 words) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Equality on the dance floor (101-ish words)

I recently went out to a club/bar/lounge on a Friday night in a poppin' area. Yeah, that's not a sentence I say often. Oddly enough,...