Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Slowing down ... slowly

So, I didn't really slow down that much. I'm trying, but it's not really happening. I extricated myself from a couple of things, but that still wasn't enough. I still feel like I'm running around in circles, trying to get things done, but doing justice to none of them. I feel like there are three choices:

a) be a stay-at-home mom and abandon career -- then you'll finally feel like you're doing justice to being a mom
b) have an ambitious career woman -- hire a full-time nanny, and feel like you're doing justice to your career and continuing to move forward there
c) juggle both -- work from home at 1/4 the capacity that you would normally accomplish stuff in, take baby occasionally to work stuff, and hope people don't mind; leaving baby occasionally at home and feeling guilty about it when you do.

I chose Option C, which is the 'half-assing everything' option. 

1 comment:

  1. You are missing a d). the way some people switch to part-time and LESSEN the amount of work they take on, you do the same and then don't have to half ass everything. Learn to say no.

    ReplyDelete