Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Enjoyed it while it lasted...

Baby's been waking up in the middle of the night to feed the last few nights. The waking up doesn't bother me, since I used to wake up anyway to pump. But now I'm not storing any milk bc I'm feeding him at night.

Somehow I went thru 2 months of accumulated frozen milk in 1.5 months... So I need to stop doing the whole 'ill have a glass of wine n baby can drink from the bottle.' oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I need to lose weight anyway.
Secondly, my milk production seems to have dramatically decreased. Don't know if it's the stress of this tour (can't wait till may 12th!!) or the fact that I may have gone a little overboard on the dieting in the last couple of weeks. Anyway,am trying to eat better and hope that the milk flow will return.
Also need to figure out how to get him to sleep thru the night again. My suspicion is that bc we're not doing that last bottle feed anymore, he might not be getting enough doodh at night and then wakes up hungry.
Anyway, I've psyched myself up- its not the end of the world if I have to start supplementing w formula. We had a good 3 months fully breastfed run. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment