Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inspirational

I just went to the IFFLA closing night film & gala ... if you go back to the beginning of my blog, the festival where Provoked was premiering was the same festival ... this year, though, I was there sans-film :-( But here's to hoping that next year, I will have a film in tow with me! (fingers crossed)

The closing night film was a documentary called 'Yes Madam, Sir,' on the life of India's first woman police officer, Dr. Kiran Bedi. I heard the subject, and dreaded having to attend this film ... but I figured, a) it's a documentary, I should broaden my knowledge of such films and b) I should attend this event. The film was to be followed by a Q & A of the director and by Kiran Bedi herself. 

Within minutes of the movie, I was hooked. Kiran Bedi was the symbol of courage and daring acts. But as the film developed, you saw that not only was she a damn gutsy woman, but of incredible belief in doing GOOD -- in the most averse conditions. And constantly, the Indian police is putting her down, at every step of the way. 

I really, really recommend that everyone see this film when it is theatrically released in India, the U.S. and Australia. If India had more people like Kiran Bedi, we would have so much more to be proud of in our motherland. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool, let me know when it gets released here.

    ReplyDelete