Thursday, October 25, 2007

NOT a funny story ... yet

One of the many wonderful items from my wedding 'trouseau' includes some fabulous bedding. These 1 million count Egyptian cotton sheets make us feel like we're soaking in the lap of luxury. Really -- it's amazing what a difference nice sheets, pillow covers, and blankets can make. They're ridiculously nice, and come with a ridiculous price tag too.

I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that King was only covered by the blanket, and not the flat sheet underneath (that protects my blanket from having to be washed every week). So I get up and hand him some of the sheet, and say 'Here, take this.' I turn back to go to sleep and hear a loud rrrrrip! I turn back in shock, and ask 'How did it rip?!' and he says to me 'You told me to tear this, so I did.'

I couldn't believe it. My He-Man Husband tore right through my brand new sheets!! He aplogized, saying he was asleep and didn't know what he was doing -- but why would you rip something up without question?

Anyway, I'm trying to get customer service to replace my sheet. Of course I'm leaving out the part about my testosterone driven husband with latent tendencies to rip things to shreds out of the story.

I hope you're not laughing at this story -- because it's still not funny to me -- not until I get my replacement sheets in the mail.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god. That's ridiculous. Is it the pink sheets? Man...all I can do is laugh but I feel bad for doing so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..maybe he was having a bad dream..that is a lot of testosterome..That's it..you gotta have more sex!!!

    PS: Answer to any problem in the first yr of marriage is sex. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw Kutu's comments...PINK SHEETS????? No wonder he ripped them..ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. no dude! omg that is hilarious! i'm totally laughing!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've stopped writing...this was my daily read..what happened?

    ReplyDelete