Thursday, October 18, 2007

Get the Hint?

My birthday and wedding gifts are still trickling in ... which is nice because it feels like an ongoing Christmas. In the last two weeks, I've received 6 cookbooks and a full (silver) silverware set for 8, amongst other things. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely taking the hint.

So to inaugurate my new cookbooks, the other night I made 2 dishes from 2 different books. An eggplant-tomato-basil risotto (the hubby loves all my risottos, lucky for me), and sundried tomato-feta mini cupcakes. I thought the dinner was quite a hit, if I must say so myself. We even had a guest eating with us (Alexis), so that made it all the more motivating.

Now I'm trying to figure out today's menu.

2 comments:

  1. my request: the mini cupcakes. im holding you to it next time i come to sf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...the mini cupcakes do sound yummy.
    I still can't believe that you're cooking..I just can't picture you cooking. But its sweet that you are doing the whole house wife thingee..Its just so much more fun to cook for someone, especially if that someone is as special as your hubby and the best part of making dinner for your hubby is that you're sure to get an awesome dessert!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete