Sunday, June 3, 2007

End of Week 2

Week 1 ended with one of our lights setting off the fire alarm & sprinklers on the 8th floor -- where the whole building was evacuated for 45 minutes, and we ran around looking for buckets and containers to hold the water dripping onto the 7th floor. Eventually our shooting was shut down by health & safety, and weren't able to shoot one scene scheduled for that location. We're still waiting to hear what that location is going to claim on our insurance -- fun, fun.

Week 2 was fine -- the usual hiccups, but nothing major. It rained and was freezing cold for the first 3 days of the week, so we ended up rescheduling a lot of outdoor scenes -- eventually, we got pretty much everything in that location as well, except for one nighttime outdoor scene, to be rescheduled for some other time.

2 weeks - 2 rescheduled scenes. Not looking great, but not looking bad either. As of tomorrow, we are no longer parked at one location for the week -- we pretty much change locations everyday. That's going to come with its own hassles and headaches -- I don't even want to try to pre-empt them ... will deal w/them as they come.

Today was our second day off since the shoot started. I went to visit my Mausi in Finchley (treated myself to a cab rather than the usual tube). I had lunch, and then took a nice one hour nap, and headed back to Central London, as our producer, Arun had planned a dinner for the principle cast as well as close friends.

It's almost 1am, and I have to wake up at 6am everyday for the next 6 days, so I'm probably going to regret staying up and typing out my random thoughts -- but there was one really nice quote that I felt I had to share.

Naseer mentioned a quote, which he had heard from some actor, he couldn't remember who (ironically). He used himself as an example.


There are 5 stages to every actor's life:
1) Who is Naseeruddin Shah?
2) Get me Naseeruddin Shah.
3) Get me a Naseeruddin Shah type.
4) Get me a younger Naseeruddin Shah.
5) Who is Naseeruddin Shah?

No comments:

Post a Comment