Monday, March 26, 2007

A Week of Boredom

I wake up in the morning, and just stare at the wall. What will I do today? My mind is surprisingly active -- maybe it's because I've already slept 10 hours -- I can think of a few things on my to-do list: go to the gym, respond to a couple of important emails regarding the wedding planning, book airline tickets for my family and myself, deposit those checks sitting in my wallet. All in all, each individual item is not horribly excruciating. Nor is it terribly exhilarting. So I roll over. And stare at the ceiling this time.

That was all of last week for me. I couldn't figure out why I was so bored. This is perhaps one of the most exciting times in my life right now. I'm busy planning my wedding, I've been freelance editing at a production house where I'm learning new stuff, and the schedule is pretty flexible and chill, and next month I'll be heading out to London to start working on a new feature film that I'm really excited about ... after which when I return, the wedding festivities will have begun. So where is the time, and reason to be so bored??

Maybe it was 'that time of the month,' or just a random hormonal fluctuation, but I cannot remember the last time I felt so aimless, despite having such concrete goals set ahead of me. Lucky for me, after about 6 days of feeling like this, I've bounced back to my normal Antara self. The world no longer looks grim, skies are bluer, the sun is shining brighter. And except for the morning hours when I'd much rather roll over back into bed and sleep until the afternoon ... I'm looking forward to each day in these last three weeks before I head out to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment